We’re big—not just in data, but in scope and principle—serving customers in 34 countries with 9,000 employees, including many renowned technology experts. We’re an accomplished workforce, with advanced degrees, certifications, and professional designations in fields such as predictive analytics, data science, actuarial science, mathematics, computer science, chemistry, physics, economics, engineering, meteorology, and GIS mapping.
As a socially responsible member of the S&P 500® and Nasdaq-100 indices, we provide leading predictive analytics and decision support solutions to customers in specific vertical markets, including insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services.
When you join our team, you’ll enter an environment recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer, one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and a Best Employer for Women. We earn that recognition, in part, by developing engaging employee experiences in service to our customers, promoting a healthy work/life balance, and offering opportunities to give back through community awareness programs such as Verisk Volunteer Week.
Collaborative learning: We’ve designed our Data Science Excellence Program to enhance participant learning while familiarizing you with various Verisk business units, products, services, and customers. Your peers will be there to assist you, and experienced data scientists will be on hand daily to discuss concepts and concerns. The program also includes group discussions and Q&A sessions along with a collaborative culture.
Mentors: As part of the program, you’ll develop mentorships, so you’ll not only learn about the cutting-edge techniques used in the growing field of big data but also get to know actual practitioners actively working in the field.
Professional growth and social network: Through the program, you’ll be part of our cross-functional professional and social network. You’ll share experiences and learn from colleagues, mentors, and senior business leaders as you build the foundation of your career. You’ll establish contacts here that serve as an invaluable source of knowledge, advice, career opportunities, and friendship in years to come.
Our Data Science Excellence Program consists of three 18-month rotations at different Verisk businesses. This full-time position as a Verisk data scientist provides a competitive salary, long-term incentive awards, and on-the-job training with real-world projects in a variety of disciplines. Locations include:
- AIR Worldwide (catastrophic and cyber risk modeling solutions): Boston, Massachusetts
- Verisk Financial (financial information services): White Plains, New York; Bellevue, Washington
- Atmospheric and Environmental Research (weather risk management and research services): Lexington, Massachusetts
- Verisk’s innovative analytics team (advanced analytical solutions for financial services and property/casualty insurance): San Francisco, California; Jersey City, New Jersey
- Verisk’s insurance claims businesses (property/casualty insurance risk services): Middletown, Connecticut; San Francisco, California; Lehi, Utah
- ISO (property/casualty insurance risk services): Jersey City, New Jersey; Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- Verisk Maplecroft (global risk analytics, research, and strategic forecasting): New York, New York
- Wood Mackenzie (commercial intelligence for the energy and natural resources industries): Houston, Texas
- Verisk 3E (customer compliance with environmental health and safety requirements): Carlsbad, California
At the program’s conclusion, you’ll emerge with a broader understanding of our global company, prepared to provide strong project leadership in your ultimate business unit placement.
- Degree in data science or related field of study
- High level of academic achievement
- Demonstrated skills in research and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional internship experience plus a history of involvement in school and community activities
- Confidence, humility, and a commitment to excellence and professional growth
- Priority for hiring is given to those who have been through the Verisk Data Science Summer Associate Program