ISO Electronic Rating ContentTM (ERC)
Your jumpstart to automated ISO content
For customers who utilize ISO’s advisory loss costs, rules and forms, we have your default rating solution – and it doesn’t require purchasing new rating software.
ISO ERC is your jumpstart to automated ISO content – providing implementation level details from ISO actuarial and insurance line experts who write the manuals. Using ISO ERC simplifies ongoing maintenance and update efforts of ISO rating content while affording you the flexibility to employ your own tools and systems.
ISO ERC includes:
- the rating data from the ISO Commercial Lines Manual (ISO advisory loss costs, limits, and deductibles)
- the rules for acting upon that rating data for:
- premium calculations
- forms attachment logic
- statistical code assignment
- validation messages
- our Automated Maintenance Feed to import just the changes to rating data and rules into your rating engine
You’ll receive ISO rating content in both Microsoft Excel and XML files.
The product is available to both carriers and policy administration system (PAS) vendors. In fact, we partner with most of the leading PAS vendors.
ISO ERC offers these key features:
- ongoing definition of the rating rules by ISO actuarial and insurance line experts
- ISO content supported by automated updates to loss costs, rules, and policy forms attachment logic — through ISOnet®
- formatted file available for upload to any policy administration system
- technical specifications file to show precisely how ISO implemented the functionality
- sample test case
- Automated Release Notes - easy-to-understand business documentation describing ISO changes
- Automated Maintenance Feed - an XML file that allows for easy importing of ISO changes directly into rating systems