June 24, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, there have been several executive orders issued impacting workers’ compensation insurers on a number of fronts. Likewise, some states are moving toward more formal legislative changes aimed at codifying coverage related to COVID-19. These proposed changes could significantly impact insurer exposure and claim settlement values. In this session, we’ll take a look at how movement in state capitols could impact WC insurers. Our panel will examine the landscape of executive orders, proposed legislation, and how they could impact workers’ comp claims going forward.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Executive orders – impact and issues
- Workers’ compensation COVID-19 presumptions
- Proposed legislation – where could this all head?
- Defending COVID-19 comp claims – issues, strategies, and tips
- Bigger picture issues and impact
- Watch-list items
- Question and answers