July 15, 2020
Even while the pandemic continues in the U.S., the old adage that the “best case is a settled case” still rings true. Claim settlement is not only possible right now, but claim payers are actually reporting renewed interest in settlement from both claimants and their lawyers. Now is the time to identify settlement opportunities and deploy strategies to close out both newer cases as well as those “old dog” files. In this session, the panel will examine how COVID-19 is changing the workers’ comp landscape, discuss key updates, and outline strategies to help you optimize settlement opportunities.
- Settling workers’ comp claims in the new normal
- Leveraging new settlement technology and approaches
- Using settlement initiatives to close out claims, including “old dog” files
- Dealing with COVID-19 claims
- Navigating recent CMS/Medicare updates