Through a variety of initiatives, including conferences, forums, and surveys, Verisk engages our customers. Our many user groups also meet regularly to discuss key issues affecting products, services, and processes.
Here’s a sampling of Verisk-run events where our customers drive agendas, participate actively, and engage in forums and discussions that help us plan strategy and forge personal relationships.
- AIR Crop Symposium — A symposium for reinsurers, brokers, and crop insurance companies that discusses opportunities and issues in crop insurance, as well as the latest industry research and modeling techniques
- AIR Envision — A customer conference for the catastrophe modeling industry that gives customers insights into the best strategies for risk management
- Verisk Risk Symposium — A conference for our U.K. customers and insurance executives that offers sessions on a variety of emerging trends and issues in the London and European markets
- Insurance Fraud Management Conference — Sponsored by ISO and the National Insurance Crime Bureau, a conference for key decision makers in insurance fraud management that helps our customers develop and implement insurance fraud prevention programs
- ISO User Conference — A conference series in which ISO insurance executives discuss critical issues facing the property/casualty insurance industry
- MSP Navigator User Conference — A conference hosted by ISO Claims Partners for users of our Medicare Secondary Payer Act compliance tools
- PCS® Catastrophe Conference — A conference that brings together professionals in the catastrophe response business to explore new strategies and tools for catastrophe management
- Xactware User Conference — A conference offering our customers educational sessions, an interactive usability lab, and training and strategy sessions
- 3E Spectrum — Conferences for our North American and European customers where they learn about the latest global regulatory updates and their effect on business, provide input into our product development plans, and participate in interactive best practice sessions
Kiran Chinnayakanahalli, senior scientist in AIR’s flood group, presents at the company’s Envision Conference.
Verisk holds customer meetings and forums throughout the year on a variety of topics to exchange ideas and best practices, discuss tools and techniques, and maintain an open dialogue. The needs of our customers drive the agendas and focus on their suggested topics. The meetings also give industry leaders an opportunity to learn about how we’re addressing key issues and include:
- Advisory User Panels — Panels covering a wide array of insurance lines, including personal and commercial auto, personal and commercial property, businessowners, and commercial and general liability
- Claims Advisory Groups – Various forums and councils for key claims and SIU (special investigations unit) professionals to provide important feedback and discuss topics such as emerging issues and trends in claim technology, data and analytics, claim handling, and compliance
- Commercial Lines Industry Liaison Panel — A panel that brings together agents, brokers, risk managers, insurance academics, and others to consider input on major issues affecting commercial lines of business, particularly from the buyer’s vantage point
- Emerging Issues Panel — A panel to discuss and identify important future concerns that raise unique coverage and pricing challenges for the industry, such as climate change, pandemics, cyber risks, drones, and 3D printing
- Enterprise Risk Management Forum — A forum for our ERM practitioners to discuss topics such as mitigating and transferring risk, optimizing the use of capital, and identifying opportunities to generate additional profit by assuming appropriate levels of risk
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America Technical Affairs Committee and Mid-America Insurance Conference — Annual meetings hosted by Verisk/ISO and the agents’ association, respectively, which provide forums to hear from agents firsthand about marketplace issues involving our products and to offer opportunities to collaborate on meaningful solutions
- Regulatory Liaison Panel — A panel of state insurance regulators that meets as needed to provide regulatory insight and perspective on major product changes contemplated for filing and to consider issues with the potential for significant regulatory impact
- Verisk Commercial Property Roundtable — A unique interactive forum for industry leaders, engineers, and experts to discuss key topics and trends in the commercial property market
Using the Net Promoter Score® methodology, Verisk completed nearly 10,000 customer surveys in 2016, bringing the total number of conducted surveys to about 30,000 since the program’s inception. The surveys provide feedback and help us understand how we can do better. The goal is to gain insight into our customers’ experiences and requirements, address areas for improvement, and drive innovation.
“We listen to our customers and engage them in the ongoing goal of improving our products and services.”
"Disasters can strike anywhere and by collaborating with the best-in-class catastrophe modeling firm, AIR Worldwide, USAA is able to help serve its members better by educating them on the risks they face and the actions they can take to mitigate that risk."