This is an important reminder that the Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation (Texas DWC) will transition from Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Claims R1.0 (FROI and SROI) to EDI Claims R.3.1 (FROI and SROI) effective July 26, 2023. Accordingly, effective July 26, 2023, use of the R3.1 standard will be mandatory for FROI & SROI reporting for all Texas Trading Partners. The DWC has posted important information and instructions regarding this transition on its website.
While the reader should review each of the informational links contained on the Texas DWC’s website, the author has selected the following links which may be of particular interest:
- EDI Requirements: Texas Claim EDI Release 3.1 Event Table, Texas Claim EDI Release 3.1 Element Requirement Table, and Texas Claim EDI Release 3.1 Edit Matrix;
- Implementation Guide: Texas Claim EDI Release 3.1 Implementation Guide; and
- Implementation Info: DWC Master Sender ID FROI/SROI, Implementation Schedule, and TXDWC EDI Claim Release 3.1 Testing Requirements and Test Feedback Request List
In addition to the above, this website contains links to other informational pages including training, FAQs, Trading Partner registration, EDI vendors, and other resources.
As Texas’s transition to 3.1 heads into the final stretch, the following provides background regarding this event and outlines upcoming dates and requirements as follows:
The Texas DWC announced the move to R3.1 on August 4, 2021, along with a timeline for the transition that both Trading Partners and Vendors must comply. Thereafter, Trading Partner EDI Profile Registration commenced on April 1, 2022. Trading Partner and Vendor R3.1 FROI SROI Testing started earlier this year on January 12, 2023, with required testing starting a few weeks back on April 3, 2023.
Upcoming Transition Requirements
As outlined as part of the Texas DWC’s website, the following provides important dates and requirements to note regarding Texas’s transition to EDI Claims R.3.1 (FROI and SROI) effective July 26, 2023:
- FROI Business Content Testing Completed per Test Plan - Trading Partners and EDI Vendors: 5/19/2023.
- SROI Business Content Testing Completed per Test Plan – Trading Partners and EDI Vendors: 7/24/2023.
- Testing End Date to meet Production Start Date – Trading Partners and EDI Vendors: 7/24/2023.
- Prepare all systems for Production Start: 7/25/2023.
- Release 1.0 Cut Off – Trading Partners stop sending EDI Release 1 data. Trading Partners to ensure the last reportable Release 1 EDI through 7/25/2023 is sent to and received by the TXDWC no later than July 25, 2023, at 5:00 PM CT – 6:00 PM ET: 7/25/2023.
- TXDWC Process Final Release 1 EDI Data and return acknowledgments by close of business (5:PM CT) on July 26, 2023, for FROIs and July 27, 2023 for SROIs, for the data received by July 25, 2023 at 5:00 PM CT – 6:00 PM ET: July 26, 2023 (FROI) & July 27, 2023 (SROI).
- Mandate Date (Production Ready – Trading Partners, TXDWC and Verisk for R3.1 FROI and SROI: July 26, 2023.
- Verisk process all production TXDWC EDI R3.1 FROI and SROI received on 7/26/2023 to current date and ongoing. Verisk will return acknowledgements when FROI and SROI file processing is completed: August 1, 2023.
As the R3.1 transition rapidly approaches, it is critical that all Trading Partners review the required specifications and have implemented the necessary changes in preparation for the July 26, 2023 go live date. In this regard, applicable trading partners should carefully review the information posted by the Texas DWC on its website to properly prepare for the upcoming changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact the author if you have any questions regarding Texas’s transition to FROI and SROI R3.1 or how Verisk can help. I can be reached at Nicholas.Guarda@verisk.com or 732-887-7556.