This is an important reminder that the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) will transition from EDI Claims R3.0 (FROI only) to EDI Claims R.3.1 (FROI only) effective May 22, 2023. Accordingly, effective May 22, 2023, use of the R3.1 standard will be mandatory for FROI reporting for all Louisiana Trading Partners.
The LWC has posted important information and instructions regarding this transition on its home page.
The home page contains links to several informational documents: EDI resources; EDI requirements; implementation guide and information; training information; FAQs; web links; EDI vendors, along with links to Trading Partner registration information.
As part of the training materials, the LWC has included an informational power point which provides a breakdown of the related information and instructions in presentation format. Slide four of the power point lists the following major issues addressed in the presentation: (1) Trader Partner Registration; (2) Transitioning from FROI R3.0 to FROI R3.1; (3) Trading Partner and EDI Vendor Testing; and (4) EDI R3.1 Requirements Overview (including: Event Table, Element Requirement Table, Edit Matrix, and Sequencing).
While a complete examination of the LWC’s detailed instructions and various requirements is beyond this article’s scope, one area the author wishes to emphasize concerns the implementation “timelines” related to this transition. On this point, the author notes that slides 19 and 20 outline the timelines as follows:
- Last Submission of Release 3.0: must be received by Louisiana no later than 5/21/2023 by 11:59 PM ET. All Release 3.0 reports not accepted by LWC on Sunday May 21, 2023 by 11:59 PM EDT and accepted must be submitted to Verisk electronically per the Event Table effective on the mandate date May 22, 2023.
- Release 3.1 FROI Reporting begins: 5/22/2023.
- Release 3.1 Acknowledgements will be returned no later than: 5/26/2023.
- Trading Partner/EDI Vendor Testing: Available 2/27/2023 Refer to the LA Test Plan for details.
- Release 3.1 Testing is to be completed by: 5/5/2023.
Also of note, the LWC notes various issues for special focus and consideration on slides 45-56, which include several different items pertaining to the Element Requirement Table.
As the R3.1 transition rapidly approaches, it is critical that all Trading Partners review the required specifications and have implemented the necessary changes in preparation for the May 22, 2023 go live date. In this regard, applicable trading partners should carefully review the information posted by the LWC to properly prepare for the upcoming changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact the author if you have any questions regarding Louisiana’s transition to FROI R3.1 or how Verisk can help. I can be reached at Nicholas.Guarda@verisk.com or 732-887-7556.