MSA Second Look
Making Amended Review Work for You
With the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) adoption of a new re-review option called "Amended Review," parties can finally request an updated CMS decision based on new medical treatment records. This provides some flexibility to correct or realign the Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside (WCMSA) decision with a claimant’s current treatment. The hope is that this new option will allow parties to revisit and reduce older claims that were unable to settle because of high or unrealistic WCMSA decisions.
You’ve got one shot—make it count
CMS limits the number of Amended Review requests to one per file; therefore, it’s critical to make sure you have the knowledge and insights to get it right the first time. Our experienced advocates will help you by demystifying all the nuances of CMS’ process, policy, and allocation methods—and by applying this knowledge to maximize opportunities for savings. ISO Claims Partners’ legal and medical experts are dedicated to providing you with a comprehensive analysis using skillfully tailored strategies to achieve optimal results.
MSA Second Look provides:
- a full review and analysis of all medical records dated after the original WCMSA submission
- an in-depth comparison between the current medical treatment and the WMCSA determination
- an analysis of whether the claim will be ideally qualified for an "Amended Review"
- a road map for additional proactive intervention to reduce costs
For more information about MSA Second Look
- Contact customer support or a sales representative.
- Call us at 1-866-630-2772.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. through 8:30 p.m. Eastern time.