Privacy and Security
Because of the private nature of the information in the ISO ClaimSearch® databases, ISO has taken special precautions to restrict access and promote security. The ISO ClaimSearch Privacy and Security Policy complies with federal and state privacy legislation — such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) — as well as the National Association of Insurance Commissioners' Insurance Information and Privacy Protection Model Act.
The Privacy and Security Policy ensures that:
- Only authorized individuals within appropriate entities can access and use the data.
- Users must access and use the information in a manner consistent with laws and regulations.
- Information is secure from damage and destruction.
- The system has procedures to audit the access and use of database information.
- Users violating the policy face sanctions commensurate with the violation.
How We Protect Social Security Numbers
ISO businesses may collect Social Security numbers (“SSNs”) in the course of business. We strive to protect the confidentiality and security of SSNs in our possession, custody, or control by limiting access to SSNs and maintaining reasonable safeguards to protect against their loss, misuse, or unlawful disclosure.
To learn more . . .
. . . about ISO ClaimSearch, return to the menu. Participation in ISO ClaimSearch is open to insurers, self-insured organizations, and claims administrators. To find out how your company or organization can participate, call us at 1-800-888-4476. Or send e-mail to info.claimsearch@ISO.com . And for other information or services, refer to the ISO ClaimSearch Service Directory.