NMVTIS Compliance Reporting for Recyclers, Shredders, Dismantlers, and Junk Yards
ISO ClaimSearch® is the property/casualty insurance industry's first and only comprehensive system for improving claims processing and fighting fraud. The ISO ClaimSearch database contains information from most automobile insurers. Insurance industry personnel, law enforcement, and other parties use ISO ClaimSearch to investigate vehicle-related crimes and insurance claims fraud.
By reporting vehicle salvage information to ISO ClaimSearch, recyclers, shredders, dismantlers, junk yards, and others can fulfill the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) reporting requirements automatically.
To report to NMVTIS, ISO offers two reporting options:
- Direct reporting to ISO ClaimSearch
Entities can report to ISO ClaimSearch by submitting a data file in a specific record layout using a file transfer protocol (FTP). Your organization will need to devote IT resources to capture information from your system and create and submit the data file to ISO ClaimSearch.
Pricing: $100 per year, with no transaction fees.
- ISO-NSVRP NMVTIS Reporting Program
ISO and the National Salvage Vehicle Reporting Program (NSVRP) have developed and maintain a reporting record format that may be less labor intensive and easier to implement. Under this cost-effective program, ISO provides online registration through PayPal. ISO sends invoices for annual renewal billing. Through the NSVRP, ISO is also working with several automotive recycling software vendors to support NMVTIS reporting capability for the recycler and shredder community.
Pricing: $100 per year, with no transaction fees
ISO-NSVRP NMVTIS Reporting Program registration and reporting is a two-step process:
Step 1: Register by completing the form at the ISO-NSVRP NMVTIS Reporting Program website.
Once you have completed your order and you get the PayPal confirmation of payment screen, you must click on the “Return to ISO Services, Inc.” link to get the confirmation e-mail that includes:
- your NMVTIS Operator ID (if you have not already received one and entered the code in the registration)
- an ISO membership code (starts with Z997)
- an ID for reporting your data file through FTP
- instructions on how to submit your data to ISO
You will receive a second e-mail with your FTP password, as our security policy prohibits sending the ID and password in one email.
Step 2: If you have your own system software, you must test reporting to NMVTIS with ISO before sending salvage information to NMVTIS.
- Please call us at 1-800-888-4476 or send e-mail to email@example.com to arrange testing.
- If you plan to report through a vendor, contact your vendor for software instructions or updates on reporting.
Note: We are providing this list of resources for the convenience of recyclers, dismantlers, shredders, and junk yards. This list does not constitute an endorsement by ISO.
- A number of companies, including Hollander, URG, Car-Part.com, and Scrap Dragon, are familiar with the reporting process.
- Buddy Automotive Innovations offers a software program to help you comply with NMVTIS requirements.
- If you currently keep records on spreadsheets, Add-Ins.com offers a software program to convert your spreadsheets to the NSVRP reporting format.
For more information
If you have questions about either reporting option, please call us at 1-800-888-4476, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the ISO-NSVRP NMVTIS Reporting Program, you may also contact Howard Nusbaum of NSVRP at NSVRP@earthlink.net.