Medicare Secondary Payer Reporting Service
ISO has developed the ISO ClaimSearch® Medicare Secondary Payer Reporting Service to help participants comply with mandatory claim reporting requirements of Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 (P.L. 110-173).
The legislation, effective July 1, 2009, affects every settlement that involves an insurance carrier and a Medicare-eligible claimant/plaintiff. The legislation requires reporting of bodily injury claims filed by Medicare-eligible claimants to the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
ISO, in coordination with insurers and the insurance trade associations, worked with CMS to create the ISO ClaimSearch Medicare Secondary Payer Reporting Service. The service reports Medicare-eligible claimants to CMS on behalf of ISO ClaimSearch participating companies in conformance with the legislation.
The service includes a Medicare-eligibility query function, data collection and screening, automated claim file submissions, and processes for handling CMS acknowledgment and rejection notices.
The ISO ClaimSearch Medicare Secondary Payer Reporting Service helps you:
- save internal programming costs
- streamline workflow (as you are already reporting this data to ISO ClaimSearch)
- comply with the CMS regulations
- obtain Social Security numbers (SSN) and other public-records information you may need with our optional Append-DS service
- report all claims and CMS-required data fields, with our Pre-Query Extract File process that allows you to obtain all of your company's injury claims in the ISO ClaimSearch database.
Find out more
For more information, contact the ISO ClaimSearch Electronic Reporting Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-888-4476.
We look forward to supporting your compliance with CMS rules.