Weather-Related Claims Accuracy Data Analytics
At least 30 percent of hail claims are assigned an incorrect date or cause of loss industry wide. Verisk – insurance solutions claims data analytics services can help insurers improve claims accuracy and increase recoveries. The service helps insurers identify issues—and more—in an efficient and accurate manner.
Our claims data analysis service provides:
- thorough review of historical weather-related claims
- reliable information on loss verification and catastrophe recoveries
- systematic reviews to determine the best date of loss
- insight on the number of claims you can expect from an event
- knowledge for proper resource deployment and reserves
We use accurate information from our Benchmark™ database of property-specific weather history. Our near-real-time data lets you understand the effect of severe weather events on your book of business quickly in a useful format.
When coupled with our Respond™ service for hurricane, you get a forecast of wind up to five days ahead and a post-storm analysis. You can prepare for hurricanes by understanding potential effects on policies before the system even makes landfall.