LONDON/HOUSTON/SINGAPORE, 24 March 2022 – This year looks set to define the European power and renewables sector: an energy market that faces dangerously volatile energy prices, fears of 'greenflation' and rising geopolitical risks.
As European and national energy regulators, utilities, solar and wind developers and institutional and private investors determine how the renewables sector can evolve over the next decade to meet ambitious emission reduction targets, Wood Mackenzie will host European energy industry leaders at its European Power & Renewables Conference on April 25-26.
The hybrid in-person and virtual conference will bring together CEOs, policymakers, entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders and regulators to take stock of the dynamic and critical changes in green energy across Europe and the implications these will have on the renewables sector.
As well as exclusive presentations from Wood Mackenzie experts and a top-tier speaker line-up, including representatives from EDF Energy, Renewable Energy Institute and Société Générale, the European Power & Renewables Conference offers the opportunity to connect with leading developers and utilities. Delegates will also connect with transmission operators, national and European energy regulatory bodies, investment entities and technology providers.
Each day will include a breakout session enabling delegates to connect directly with other attendees, Wood Mackenzie analysts and exhibitors.
Key themes on the agenda include:
- The Perfect Storm: Why 2022 Will be a Pivotal Year for European Power and Renewables
- Can ‘Fit for 55’ and the European Green Deal Deliver: Modelling a Net Zero Economy
- Green Grids and European Cross-Border Transmission: Where is the Opportunity over the Next 10 Years?
- New Roadmap for 2030: What are the Signs Indicating the Need for a European Energy Financing Market Redesign?
- Renewable Capture Prices: Commercial Innovation, Merchant Projects and Key Ways to De-risk the Market
- Focus on Technology Trends in Key Areas of P&R Development in Europe
- New Economics of Offshore Wind: How the Offshore Wind Industry Transitions in the Energy Transition Era
- The Role of Natural Gas in The Energy Transition: Risk, Pricing Dynamics and Opportunity
- Mapping Out the Future for Solar in the European Landscape
The European Power & Renewables Conference will hear from leading experts from across the industry including:
- Matt Black, Chief Operating Officer, Solivus
- Rosalind Smith-Maxwell, Vice President, Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners
- Stephane Tetot, Investment Director, BlackRock Infrastructure
- Tomas Kåberger, Chair of Executive Board, Renewable Energy Institute
- Thomas Fureder, Managing Director, Barclays Investment Bank
- Anthony Doherty, Chief Investment Officer, NTR plc
- Jordi Francesch, Head of Asset Management, Director, Glennmont Partners
- Allan Baker, MD, Global Head of Power Advisory & Project Finance, Société Générale
- Jakob Thomä, Managing Director, 2° Investing Initiative
- Joe Rippon, Sizewell C Financing Programme Manager, EDF Energy
- David Papp, Head of Sustainable Finance Policy Division, Central Bank of Hungary
- Simon Monk, Principal – Structured & Asset Origination, EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
- Michael Lippert, Director Innovation and Solutions for Energy, SaftBatteries
- Patrick Clerens, Secretary General, The European Association for Storage of Energy (EASE)
- Santiago Bañales, Managing Director of Innovation Middle East (ME), Iberdrola
Wood Mackenzie Event Health & Safety Guidelines/Policies
Wood Mackenzie is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all event participants. Our decisions and preventive measures will be guided by the requirements and recommendations of the local health authorities. We are working with the event venue on implementing preventive measures to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 at the event. Preventive measures include:
- Masks must be worn by all event participants at all times
- Enhanced sanitizing of meeting and exhibit spaces
- Extra venue space to allow for social distancing in meeting space
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the meeting and exhibit spaces
All Wood Mackenzie policies are subject to change. If changes be made, a notification will be sent to all registered attendees.
For further speaking and programme enquiries, please contact Wood Mackenzie’s Events team:
email@example.com and +44 330 124 8298
Julia.O'Hegarty@woodmac.com and +44 7771 547086
Vivien.Lebbon@woodmac.com and +44 330 174 7486
About Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk Analytics business, is a trusted source of commercial intelligence for the world's natural resources sector. We empower clients to make better strategic decisions, providing objective analysis and advice on assets, companies and markets. For more information, visit: www.woodmac.com or follow us on Twitter @WoodMackenzie
WOOD MACKENZIE is a trademark of Wood Mackenzie Limited and is the subject of trademark registrations and/or applications in the European Community, the USA and other countries around the world.
Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) provides predictive analytics and decision support solutions to customers in the insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services industries. More than 70 percent of the FORTUNE 100 relies on the company’s advanced technologies to manage risks, make better decisions and improve operating efficiency. The company’s analytic solutions address insurance underwriting and claims, fraud, regulatory compliance, natural resources, catastrophes, economic forecasting, geopolitical risks, as well as environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the company continues to make the world better, safer and stronger, and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture where all team members feel they belong. With more than 100 offices in nearly 35 countries, Verisk consistently earns certification by Great Place to Work. For more: Verisk.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.