LONDON/HOUSTON/SINGAPORE, 29 October 2021 – Global energy and natural resources consultancy Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk business (Nasdaq:VRSK), today launches the U.S. Solar Series 2021 and Energy Storage Series 2021.
Both events run over four weeks, starting with the first session of the Solar Series on 2 November. They will feature Wood Mackenzie’s solar and energy storage experts in exclusive conversation with the U.S.’s leading solar large-scale, commercial and industrial (C&I) and community solar developers, residential installers, utilities, energy regulators, investment players, technology innovators and ISOs.
The series will cover the key issues around market trends, technology, development hurdles and policy aspects affecting the U.S. solar and energy storage industries.
Guest speakers at the Series include:
- Garrett Nilsen, Acting Director, Solar Energy Technologies Office, S. Department of Energy
- Rael McNally, Director, Real Assets - Global Renewable Power, BlackRock
- Mark Frigo, Vice President, Energy Storage, Nexamp
- Daidipya Patwa, Director of Product Management, Strategy & Business Development, SunPower
- Nick Smallwood, Vice President, Business Development, Sunrun
- Daniel Dedrick, Head of Project Technical Services, Clearway Energy
- Jennifer Spinosi, General Counsel and Senior Vice President, Regulatory and Compliance, CleanChoice Energy
- Louis Langlois, Associate Director, Business Development Operations, EDP Renewables
- Jared Donald, Executive Vice President, Head of US, Amp Energy
- Dave Gahl, Senior Director of State Policy, East, SEIA
The virtual sessions will combine the latest Wood Mackenzie data, forecasts and insights with exclusive interviews and panel discussion. These will lead up to an in-person session, available by invitation online and under strict health safety measures, in San Diego, CA.
The Solar Series in-person session will be held on 7 December 2021, while the Energy Storage Series session, also in person, is scheduled for the following day, 8 December 2021. Further details of the in-person sessions will be made available to delegates closer to the time.
The Solar Series aims to understand what lies ahead for the industry as decarbonization efforts gain pace. Events will be held on 2, 4, 10 and 16 November, with key themes including:
- How U.S. policy frameworks will boost solar and energy storage
- What rising technology costs mean for the solar and storage industry
- The impact of international trade tensions on solar and storage markets
- Identifying opportunities for cost rationalization for solar-plus-storage planning, construction and interconnection
The Energy Storage Series will run alongside the Solar Series. Discussions, on 4, 10, 16 and 18 November, will focus on storage’s critical role in achieving deep decarbonization. Issues on the agenda include:
- Value stacking for distributed storage through innovative policy, business models and technology
- How state policy incentives are shaping the residential and community solar and storage markets of tomorrow
- What technology, economics and policies are needed to make long-duration storage viable
- Maximizing the value, revenue streams and grid capabilities of distributed solar and storage through virtual power plants.
The Wood Mackenzie Solar Series virtual sessions are being held on 2, 4, 10 and 16 November, with an in-person session on 7 December. The Wood Mackenzie Energy Storage Series virtual sessions will be held on 4, 10, 16 and 18 November, with an in-person session on 8 December. Details of the in-person events will be made available to delegates closer to the time.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com
About Wood Mackenzie:
Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk Analytics business, is a trusted source of commercial intelligence for the world's natural resources sector. We empower clients to make better strategic decisions, providing objective analysis and advice on assets, companies and markets. For more information, visit: www.woodmac.com or follow us on Twitter @WoodMackenzie WOOD MACKENZIE is a trademark of Wood Mackenzie Limited and is the subject of trademark registrations and/or applications in the European Community, the USA and other countries around the world.
Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) provides predictive analytics and decision support solutions to customers in the insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services industries. More than 70 percent of the FORTUNE 100 relies on the company’s advanced technologies to manage risks, make better decisions and improve operating efficiency. The company’s analytic solutions address insurance underwriting and claims, fraud, regulatory compliance, natural resources, catastrophes, economic forecasting, geopolitical risks, as well as environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the company continues to make the world better, safer and stronger, and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture where all team members feel they belong. With more than 100 offices in nearly 35 countries, Verisk consistently earns certification by Great Place to Work. For more: Verisk.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.