You can immediately gain a competitive advantage when you understand which properties fit your underwriting guidelines and which require more intensive review. Verisk’s Building Underwriting Report provides extensive information on the construction, occupancy, hazards, fire protection, and applicable wind exposure of any risk in the ProMetrix® commercial property database. And it includes our Relative Hazard Percentile, which gives an objective score for individual risk selection.
You gain the knowledge to answer questions such as:
- How does the building compare with similar ones?
- What construction materials were used?
- What hazards exist at the property?
- What fire safeguards exist?
The Building Underwriting Report includes information from Verisk’s LOCATION® databases:
- Commercial territory codes — commercial property, commercial auto, and Group II zones
- Commercial building code information
- Wind — distance to ocean or gulf, distance to nearest body of water, and names of the bodies of water
- Crime information — past, current, and forecasted crime scores for eight crime types; aggregate crimes against persons; aggregate crimes against property; and an overall crime risk score