Risk Improvement Recommendations
Loss control and risk reduction are two powerful results of the same critical calculation for rating and competitive advantage. Verisk’s Risk Improvement Recommendations provide insights on building and occupancy hazards that help you reduce insured risks, control your insurers’ losses, and offer the most competitive quotes.
Verisk’s Risk Improvement Recommendations provide information about observed building and occupancy deficiencies and hazards for millions of buildings in the ProMetrix® commercial property database.
For each building and occupant, the report lists specific recommendations that:
- identify hazardous conditions and explain how to remedy them
- highlight fire protection improvements and suggest modifications
The recommendations give you the information you need for profitable results, along with valuable risk management consultation with your customers, which increases retention.
Risk Improvement Recommendations are available separately or as part of the Risk Engineering Utility.
Who's behind the Risk Improvement Recommendations?
Verisk’s experienced field analysts — specifically trained to identify loss exposures — conduct thorough on-site surveys of thousands of commercial buildings and businesses each year. The recommendations are the result of that extensive expertise and provide another way to reduce your time and expense for underwriting and rating.
Risk Engineering Utility
The ProMetrix for Agents application permits you to modify risk characteristics and other variables to develop “what if” scenarios. For example, a sprinkler grade can be modified through remediation actions that will determine the effect on loss cost. Just check off the Risk Improvement Recommendations you want to implement at the specific property and see how much the estimated loss cost will change. The information helps you quote coverage more precisely and provide valuable cost-benefit analysis for suggested improvements.
The value of Risk Improvement Recommendations
The statements help you:
- apply improvement recommendation scenarios to the risk — in an interactive, iterative way — to observe changes in the rating and to support cost-benefit analysis
- determine the value of implementing recommended changes to hazardous conditions
- identify conditions observed on-site by our highly trained field analysts
- quote coverage more accurately
For more information about Risk Improvement Recommendations
- Call Verisk Customer Support at 1-800-444-4554, option 3.