Vehicle Data Reports
Access critical information about a vehicle’s history and registration with vehicle data reports from Decision Net®. Save time by using this centralized resource to secure the data you need to make smarter claims-handling decisions.
You can now use Decision Net to access Vehicle Location Reports. Get license plate photos, GPS coordinates, and date-and-time stamps to find witnesses, investigate suspicious claims, and validate instances of rate evasion.
Vehicle Registration Reports
Vehicle Registration Reports give you information about a vehicle’s registration, title, and plate type. Search results may vary depending on the search criteria you use and the state where the owner registered the vehicle. However, most users will receive information on:
- the vehicle’s year, make, model, body style, and vehicle identification number (VIN)
- the name and complete address of the individual who registered the vehicle
- the name of a cosigner or second owner, if applicable
- the expiration date of the registration
- the plate type, such as regular, vanity, dealer, or commercial
- the name of the leasing company, if applicable
- whether the vehicle has a “branded” title, indicating an unusual condition in the vehicle’s history (junked, salvaged, flooded, or the like)
You can submit your order on the Public Records – Vehicle Data page of Decision Net. Order the report three different ways: enter a vehicle identification number, a license plate number and state, or the owner’s surname and address. The system displays your report instantly.
Complete the form on the right to learn how you can use Vehicle Data Reports from Decision Net to enhance claims handling and investigations.
Please note: Each Vehicle Registration Report provides a profile of ownership and the vehicle in general. The report is not a copy of the vehicle registration document on file with the state division of motor vehicles (DMV). (If you wish to order a copy of the vehicle registration document on file with the state DMV, you may do so from the Public Records – Vehicle Data page. Those documents take several weeks to deliver.)
CARFAX® vehicle history reports
Access CARFAX® vehicle history reports through Decision Net for all cars and light trucks from model year 1981 to the present. These reports provide valuable insights into claims investigations, including:
- odometer readings and mileage information to help detect fraud
- prior accidents that may have a bearing on a claim
- prior vehicle damage (for example, flood damage) that may have contributed to an accident
- registration history to see if a personal vehicle was registered as commercial
- recorded activity after a vehicle was stolen, including police records, vehicle service and repair records, and recovery notices from state DMVs
You can submit your order on the Public Records – Vehicle Data page of Decision Net®. Simply enter the vehicle’s VIN, and the system will display your report instantly.
Get started now
Find out how you can access Decision Net with no commitment required.
- Phone: 1-800-888-4476
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org