Issuance of insurance-linked securities is growing rapidly. A recent Artemis report put the total outstanding at more than $40 billion. At $5.9 billion, last year was the second most active for catastrophe bond issuance. And third-party capital has become a greater force in the reinsurance industry.
So what happens next?
To find out, join me at the Verisk Insurance Solutions 2013 Risk Symposium — June 24 in London — and attend Session 203: How Far Away Is $50 Billion? I’ll be moderating a panel of key ILS community members, who will discuss the issue in detail. Topics will include:
- the reasons for recent rapid market growth — and their implications for insurers and reinsurers
- structural barriers to ILS sector growth and what it will take to get to a $50 billion issuance year
- how to attract midmarket sponsors to the sector
- the effect of frictional costs on the ILS market and how to reduce them
- ideas for innovation that could make the capital markets more accessible
We’re planning to leave plenty of time for questions, and I hope our discussion stimulates many. I’ll be in London all week, in case you want to meet later to discuss ILS market developments one on one.
A clear understanding of capital market risk transfer is more important than ever. Join us to learn how you can use ILS more effectively.