West Virginia Online Verification System (WVOLV)By Brandon L. Guidry | June 25, 2018
“The WV Division of Motor Vehicles (WVDMV) is establishing an online insurance verification program (WVOLV) to be used by law enforcement, the judicial system, and DMV,” the division stated on its website. “Its purpose is to enable instant verification of auto insurance policies by matching the policy number and vehicle identification number (VIN) or serial number back to the insurance company to verify the policy information following the IICMVA model.”
On May 1, 2018, WVDMV held a conference call to discuss the progress of the upgrade to the division’s new OLV program. WVDMV is currently working with its existing vendor on data destruction and plans to have that vendor purge all data by June 18, 2018.
In addition, the WVDMV is working to transfer some historical and recent book of business data from its existing vendor as part of the transition program.
The current timeline for implementation is as follows:
- May 31 – All outstanding compliance letters will be redirected from the existing vendor to the WVDMV insurance division.
- June 1 – Book of business files will be uploaded to the system.
- June 15 – All connection with the existing vendor will end.
- June 1–June 15 – West Virginia will not send letters or issue suspensions to insureds to allow time to evaluate the new process.
- June 16 – Insurance verifications will be sent only from the new OLV system.
- June 18 – The first letter campaign from the new system begins.
Tagged with: , , , , , ,