The CAS Ratemaking and Product Management (RPM) Seminar — scheduled for March 11 to 13 in Huntington Beach, California — will feature as speakers and moderators seven actuarial experts from ISO.
Among them is David Cummings, senior vice president of Personal Lines and Analytics for ISO. Mr. Cummings will be moderating two sessions (Session DM-3: Homeowners Ratemaking By-Peril — Application and Implementation and Session UBI-4: Integrating Telematics into Your Business and Rating Plans). And he will be a featured speaker of Session DM-1: Homeowners Ratemaking By-Peril Data Issues.
Mr. Cummings is responsible for ISO’s insurance programs in personal lines and for the development of new analytic products, including the ISO Risk Analyzer® suite. In that role, he is dedicated to developing new analytic products and enhancing existing products through partnerships with ISO and Verisk business units and client companies. He also provides thought leadership regarding insurance analytics and predictive modeling.\
Also contributing their actuarial insights to the CAS seminar are:
- John Baldan, director, Modeling Division, ISO, who will be moderating Session CP-1: Extending the Asset Share Model: Recognizing the Value of Options in P&C Insurance Rates & Beyond the Cost Model: Understanding Price Elasticity and Its Applications
- Paul Ericksen, principal, Actuarial Consulting, ISO, who will be a speaker in Session R-1: The Actuary as an Expert Witness
- Chun Li, director, ISO Innovative Analytics, who will be a speaker in Session PM-8: Case Studies in Adding Variable Interactions in GLMS
- Hernan L. Medina, manager, ISO Insurance Programs and Analytic Services, who will be a speaker in Session PM-5: And the Winner Is…? How to Pick a Better Model
- Dan Tevet, actuarial associate senior, ISO, who will also be a speaker in Session PM-5
- Jim Weiss, manager, ISO, who will be moderating Session PM-8: Case Studies in Adding Variable Interactions in GLMS and will be a speaker in Session UBI-4: Integrating Telematics into Your Business and Rating Plans
Special complimentary workshop
Following the CAS RPM seminar on Thursday, March 14, Mr. Cummings and a team of ISO’s predictive modeling experts will conduct a complimentary technical workshop, Practical Applications of ISO Risk Analyzer to Maximize Lift. Attendees will discover how, using a combination of advanced predictive modeling methodologies and various data sources, ISO Risk Analyzer can provide significant refinement to existing rating plans for personal auto, homeowners, and commercial auto.
ISO is a proud supporter of the Casualty Actuarial Society, with a long and active history of involvement on the executive board and various committees. Currently, ISO boasts 50 CAS Fellows and 27 CAS Associates on staff.