So many sources to check, so little time. Technology has provided us with rich amounts of online background data, which is helpful — but only when we can find it. Today, a person may have multiple email addresses for various purposes. If you conduct a background search on a claimant, for example, using just one email address, you could wind up missing important information.
But a new feature in the Decision Net Web Presence Search will help you keep important bits and bytes from falling through the cyber cracks. Starting now, you can search using multiple email addresses and find websites, social networks, and a variety of secondary online data sources, such as blogs and photo-sharing services — all delivered in one convenient report.
The Web Presence Search identifies an individual’s “web footprint” — the trail of digital information left behind from participation and postings on social networking websites. The search uses multiple search engines and customized web-crawling tools to screen millions of online sources and displays findings in a convenient match report summary. Here’s how it works:
- Hold your cursor over the email field in the Decision Net Web Presence Search screen.
- A mouse-over message will appear, telling you how to enter additional email addresses.
- Enter the additional addresses.
- Run the Web Presence Search Report.
- Receive and review your enhanced match results.