Summer is upon us. It’s already August, and 2014 is well more than half over. My, how time flies.
In reflecting back on the first half of the year, I’m pleased with the opportunities I took advantage of to learn more about activities surrounding cyber exposures and cyber insurance. It was great meeting and talking with many insurance professionals experienced in the cyber field, both here in the United States and overseas — including staff from insurers and brokers, security experts, and government officials, as well as cyber pre-breach assessment and post-breach remediation service providers.
Some of the events I attended earlier in the year were the PLUS (Professional Liability Underwriting Society) Cyber Liability Symposium in April and the NetDiligence Cyber Privacy Forum East in June.
In addition, Verisk Insurance Solutions and ISO sponsored two cyber-related events in May:
- Verisk Insurance Solutions Client Summit 2014: I moderated the Taking a Byte out of Cyber Risk panel discussion with Catherine Mulligan from Zurich and Kirstin Simonson from Travelers.
- ISO’s Inaugural Cyber Forum: This was an open exchange with insurer representatives discussing various aspects of potential cyber-related coverage across multiple insurance programs from both an affirmative and nonaffirmative perspective.
If you’re looking to learn more about cyber risk and cyber insurance, there are plenty of opportunities throughout the remainder of the year. Here are some of the cyber-related events that I plan to attend over the next several months:
- Association of Professional Insurance Women (APIW) September 16th Luncheon, New York, New York. Topic: Hot Topics in Cyber Liability – Risk Management, Transfer, and Protection Strategies
- American Conference Institute’s 9th National Advanced Forum on Cyber & Data Risk Insurance, September 29–30, New York, New York
- NetDiligence Cyber Privacy Forum West, October 8–9, Santa Monica, California (ISO is a sponsor)
- Advisen Cyber Risk Insights Conference, October 28, New York, New York
- 2014 Privacy Xchange Forum, presented by IDT911, November 2–4, Scottsdale, Arizona (ISO is a sponsor)
- PLUS International Symposium, November 5–7, Las Vegas, Nevada (ISO is a sponsor)
If you plan to attend any of these events, please let me know. It would be an excellent opportunity to get to meet you and discuss cyber-related topics. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
To learn about ISO’s various cyber offerings, visit the ISO Cyber Risk Solutions website, www.verisk.com/cyber. You can also follow me on Twitter @doughertyshawn.