Drone Resource Center
The rise of drones is creating new risks for individuals and businesses around the world. ISO continues to be at the forefront of evaluating drone exposures and developing tools for drone insurance.
Topics Impacting Drones
ISO’s Emerging Issues team continually tracks topics impacting the use of drones, including the following:
- recent legislation
- Federal Aviation Authority
- Potential exposures & responses
- industry developments
ISO Coverage Solutions
ISO continues to evaluate drone exposures and has developed endorsements for the following:
Commercial General Liability and Commercial Liability Umbrella/Excess:
- Our suite of endorsements will help insurers limit or add limited liability coverage with respect to drones.
- Advisory policyholder notices have been designed to provide information concerning these new endorsements to policyholders upon renewal.
- Also, ISO recently filed additional endorsement options under its Commercial Liability Umbrella and Commercial Excess Liability programs, designed to provide limited following form coverage with respect to unmanned aircraft.
Commercial Inland Marine:
For enhanced flexibility, our Commercial Inland Marine coverage options allow for drones to be covered under a stand-alone coverage form or by endorsement to some ISO Commercial Inland Marine classes.
Commercial Property, Capital Assets, and Agri-CAP®:
We provide endorsements that address damage to drones and related equipment, as well as the related business interruption exposure.
Two optional endorsements are available that help insurers address limited liability coverage with respect to drones.
Our optional Homeowners endorsements revise the definition of aircraft liability with respect to unmanned aircraft, including model and hobby aircraft and exclude personal injury (PI) coverage for aircraft liability for various endorsements that provide PI coverage.