Settlement Consultation Services
Helping you close claims
ISO Claims Partners is dedicated to helping our clients settle claims. Our Settlement Consultation Services put our experience and expertise to work for you.
The old adage “the best claim is a closed claim” rings true in most circumstances. Unfortunately, many claims stay open far too long — for a variety of reasons. Impediments to settling can include high medical bills, prescription drug costs, and Medicare compliance issues, among others.
With the passage of time, your exposure and liability on open claims remain. Medical costs continue to increase, and derivative claims may develop. ISO Claims Partners Settlement Consultation Service can help you resolve claims expeditiously and cost-effectively.
Key features: file review and settlement initiative
With Settlement Consultation Services, ISO Claims Partners assembles, at no cost to you, a team of attorneys knowledgeable in both workers compensation and liability claims — plus medical experts, including nurses and pharmacologists — to review your files. The team’s goal is always to facilitate settlement.
We can perform our file review at your office or ours. You get:
- preparation for mediation
- premediation consultation on Medicare compliance
- preparation of settlement language
- reserve forecasting with a medical-cost projection
- a Pre-MSA or Pre-MSA Plus “snapshot” and a cost mitigation road map
- rated ages of claimants
- coordination of structured settlements
- identification of the correct vehicle(s) for compliance, especially in difficult liability claims
- collaboration with your counsel and/or claims staff to ensure full Medicare compliance
Taking the file review process to the next level, ISO Claims Partners can work with you and your defense counsel to spearhead a settlement initiative. The starting point is identifying a book of claims you want settled — typically from a particular jurisdiction, geographical location, claimant, or plaintiff attorney. We help to coordinate settlement conferences with opposing counsel, either face-to-face or by telephone.
Once we’ve identified the claims and set up the conferences, ISO Claims Partners will:
- gather the list of claims into a spreadsheet identifying which claimants or plaintiffs are eligible for Medicare
- make recommendations about which claims require a Medicare Set-Aside (MSA), a conditional payment investigation or negotiation, and/or Total Payment Obligation to Claimant (TPOC) reporting under Section 111
- expedite preparation of any required MSAs or conditional payment documentation before the conference
- maintain and update the spreadsheet to include information on the status of MSAs submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval, receipt of conditional payment information, and steps needed to satisfy all Medicare compliance requirements
If you’re holding the settlement conferences in person, ISO Claims Partners will, at your request, send an attorney, medical analyst, or both to attend the conference with you and your attorneys. Those experts will answer any MSP questions, help with settlement documents, and coordinate all Medicare issues.
ISO Claims Partners Settlement Consultation Service can condense what would otherwise be months of protracted negotiations into a week or less of streamlined discussions. You’ll settle your targeted cases quickly and at low cost.
For more information about ISO Claims Partners Medicare compliance services
- Contact an ISO Claims Partners sales representative.
- Contact ISO Claims Partners customer support.
- Call us at 1-866-630-2772.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. through 8:30 p.m. Eastern time.